Pages

29. August 2006

Queen Exluders Gathered

I visited apiary today. There were many queen excluders around the hives. Many of them cleansed by bees for their combs on. I have put them inside a hive which is unused. Meanwhile when I went to apiary thought might virgin queens were out for nuptual flights, because bees were buzzing well. Then the sound got down gradually. There were some seperated hives which their own made queens could got out from their cells. According to out inspection their mood was cheerful. By the way, I have looked two nucs but I have not seen mated or unmated queens. A big hive was settled down and did not react me aggressively. In a frame I have seen eggs laid down disorderly. Maybe there is a laying worker inside the hive. A few days later I will inspect it again.
As a second important job, I have come across my old colleque in Mosque garden. He was Mr Alişan Koru, retired teacher from Vali Faik Ustun Primary school which is burned last year that it was built by American-Greek orthodox missioners in 1905. It was an historical place which I had a chance work there 6 months as an English teacher for 6th class students in 1999. With Mr Koru went to 3 km far away south of Kirklareli to find a proper field for overwintering bees there. We found a good place but I think it will be more efficent for summer sun-flower nectar flow. When we are coming back stopped by a garden which is well done. Its owner was Ismail Capraz retired Tv repairman. Grapes, peppers, peaches, tomatoes, strawberries also around 20 item hives. There were perfect strawberries. But he did not offer us. Anyhow I tasted a few without his offer.Then we visited Mr. Koru's walnut trees field and ate there some almonds. Later we came back to the city.

Keine Kommentare: